Re: [ANNOUNCE] Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL status report - Mailing list pgsql-announce

From Stuart Rison
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL status report
Date
List pgsql-announce
Hi Vince,

At 7:27 am -0400 19/7/99, Vince Vielhaber wrote:
>On Mon, 19 Jul 1999, Stuart Rison wrote:
>
>> Another 'lost' mirror is http://sunsite.doc.ic.ac.uk/www.postgresql.org/
>>
>> the server is currently down for major repairs but the mirror seems to have
>> been discontinued long before that (you could still get a page but it was
>> the 'pre-blue period' mostly yellow elephant page).
>>
>> Is it lost forever?
>
>The only mirror I have for the UK is: postgresql.rmplc.co.uk

Indeed and that is the UK mirror I now use.  But the sunsite.doc.ic.ac.uk
mirror most definitely used to exist and I wondered if anybody knew why
(if?) it had been terminally discontinued.

It's a very useful mirror for all UK academics because it's on the JANET
super-fast network.  It may be just a question of writing to someone
(webmaster) there and asking to go on mirroring but I though I'd first ask
if anyone had any relevant info.

>The mirrors and sites pages on http://www.postgresql.org/ are updated
>regularly.

regards,

Stuart.

| Stuart C. G. Rison       | Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research |
+--------------------------+ 91 Riding House Street               |
| N.B. new phone code!!    | London, W1P 8BT                      |
| Tel. +44 (0)207 878 4041 | UNITED KINGDOM                       |
| Fax. +44 (0)207 878 4040 | stuart@ludwig.ucl.ac.uk              |